Wednesday, September 14, 2016

September Meeting -- 9/15/16

Hello my talented Beauties,

   I hope everyone received this email and is safe and sound!  We have had such a year of challenges, with ups and downs to say the least.  My thoughts have been with each and everyone of you through the Louisiana flood of 2016.  Please reply to this email & let me know if you were affected by the flood or not, thank you in advance.  I know so many of our precious members were affected by the flood of 2016 & suffered loss that is unimaginable!  Their lives and daily routines were turned upside down in a moment of time. I want each of you to know that we are here for you and will do whatever it takes to get you back to where you were to quilt again one day. We will support you through these difficult times and be there for a shoulder to lean on when needed.  Know most of all that we love you, we are Louisiana Strong, we are Unbroken & we will Rebuild!!!  I hope you can take a moment of your time for some normality in your life & join us Thursday.  We will be having our meeting on Thursday, September 15, 2016 @ 6:30 pm at the Jones Creek Library.  I am looking forward to seeing all of you, I missed you last month!!!  Our Kaleidoscopic of Quilts Show for 2016 was a huge success, the color & beauty filled the library!  I know so many quilts were saved from the flood because they were on display at the library when the flood occurred & we are forever grateful for that!  We received so many wonderful comments in our guest book.   I will be bringing it to the meeting for you to see & read yourself.  I am so sorry we had to cancel our Public Participation Day this year but for me it was a no brainer.  Everyone's priority at that moment was with their family & friends, as it should have been.  Helping each other & our community where immediate action was needed when dealing with the aftermath of the flood!  Even in the middle of this chaotic time, we had so many people come to take down the Quilt Show at the library!  Thank you, thank you, thank you, you ladies never let me or each other down!  I can never tell you enough how amazing SSQG members are!!!  We even had Bill & Peggy there helping us take down the quilts as well!  We surprised them before they left, with their very own quilt that they had admired so much the day they helped us hang the show!  They were so happy & honored by our gesture!!!  Below I attached a picture of that very special quilt made by Elsie Hamway, now named, #Bill&Peggy!  They are a beautiful couple that constantly gives back to their community & it was our pleasure to have them on the receiving end this time!!!  Sharon has asked Carol Hilton to do our program in September & we are elated to have her!!! Carol is such a talented quilter & she will be sharing ideas on how to quilt your quilts wether longarm or domestic machine, as well as the preparation.  She has offered to anyone who has a quilt top completed to please bring it & she will give you suggestions & ideas for quilting for it.  We are so excited to have her with us!  We will turn in tabs & UFO"s, give out door prizes & have show n tell!  Mostly enjoy each other's company & share some much needed laughs!!!!!  So please, come join me, for anther night of fun, creativity & fellowship!!!
Humbly yours,

Pam Tennyson

No comments:

Post a Comment