Thursday, May 19, 2016

May Meeting 5/19/2016

Hello my talented beauties,

    I hope everyone is enjoying their love of quilting!  We have our next meeting on Thursday, May 16 at 6:30 p.m at the Jones Creek Library.  I would like to thank Debbi Kelly, for a fun filled night on the education of English Paper Piecing.  Everyone was listening, laughing & learning while their hands were just a piecing away!  Debbi's work was so inspiring that we have quite a few more English Paper Piecers in the guild now!  I know she blew it out of the park because we had new faces from SSQG at the Montage Group last Sunday! 

We are thrilled to have Sandra Guilbeau share her knowledge on "Threadology" for the May meeting.  Thread is such a crucial part of quilting with so many options.  I can't wait to suck up everything she has learned & willing to share with us on this topic! 

I am so happy to share that we have 3 more members who joined our guild at the April meeting!  I would like to once again, welcome Angie & Elva and welcome back, Janell to our guild!  Our guild has been growing but we still have such a close & personal group of extremely talented women! 

I want to announce that we have scheduled a "Bear Sew Day" for June 6, 2016  Mark your calendars if you can attend,   it will be at my Salon location.  We will start at 10 a.m. until, very casual so come & go as you please.  Kathy S has been kind enough to donate a bolt of fabric so we will have that there for you to use if needed.  Please let me know if you can make it & I will give you the address.  We will also schedule our next road trip at the May meeting!  We will talk about set up & take down dates as well for the Quilt Show at the library.   Please continue working on your quilts for the show.   Please bring your tabs, any door prize donations, finished UFO's & Show-n-Tell to share, so lets get this party started!!!  Come join me for another night of fun, creativity & fellowship!

Humbly yours,

Pam Tennyson

No comments:

Post a Comment